Monthly Archives: February 2003
I’ve been trying to wrap my brain around skinning the site for the past 2 hours.
It doesn’t want to go.
I just can’t concentrate on it and I really want to do it. But I can’t just have it change colors or anything, I need it to refer to a whole new css for each skin because everything is set up around whatever picture I use in a given layout.
I don’t even know if that’s possible!
Sounds easy enough actually…….
Ah well…..I’ll have another go at it tomorrow……….I’ve been up since 4:30 this morning :-p
The Friday Five
1. What is your favorite type of literature to read (magazine, newspaper, novels, nonfiction, poetry, etc.)? I love suspense/thriller fiction – especially serial killer books – and classic literature like Dickens and the like. No, I do not like Shakespeare!
2. What is your favorite novel? Whenever anyone asks me that ‘The Great Gatsby’ springs instantly to mind but I really have so many, I hate to pick just one but in the interest of keeping this shout and sweet here are a few more 😉
3. Do you have a favorite poem? (Share it!)
A gallant knight,
In sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long,
Singing a song,
In search of Eldorado.
But he grew old-
This knight so bold-
And o’er his heart a shadow
Fell as he found
No spot of ground
That looked like Eldorado.
And, as his strength
Failed him at length,
He met a pilgrim shadow-
“Shadow,” said he,
“Where can it be-
This land of Eldorado?”
“Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,”
The shade replied-
“If you seek for Eldorado!”
And! I did that from memory…..that is my favorite poem of all time. Always has been and I firmly believe that it always will be – “Eldorado” by Edgar Allen Poe. I had to memorize and present a poem to the class in 4th grade and that’s the one I did. I’ve been a Poe fan for a very long time.
4. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to read, or wish you had more time to read? I dunno…..I think if I ever wanted to read something, I just did…….as it is, I just wish I had more time right now to read anything that isn’t a Little Critter book 😉
5. What are you currently reading? I treated myself to a new Jeffery Deaver book when I was at Wal-Mart last weekend – The Stone Monkey. Pretty good so far…..it’s the same character – ‘Lincoln Rhyme’ – that’s in The Bone Collector (they made a movie of it) and The Coffin Dancer. so…..we’ll see if this one is as good.
Great questions this week, hon!!
Well, happy-pills.org is mine for another year, folks. I know you were all waiting for it to expire on Monday but, you can’t have it – it’s mine!!!
I don’t know why but when I registered happy-pills, Aletia only put it in for a year…..I requested it for 2 years but they did only charge me for one, at least. Then when I registered baby-my.com for Brittany and Bill’s domain the very next day, they went in for two years.
Eh, whatever…..I just renewed it for a year so that they will all be due at the same time next year.
I even set them all on auto-renew 😉
Mine!! All mine!!!
**NOTE: I am linking to the people!! If you haven’t watched the show yet and want to be surprised don’t touch the links!**
Okay, I’m happy. Just watched American Idol and overall I’m happy with all the folks that made it through to the top ten – one that I was hoping for tonight didn’t make it……..but I’m thrilled with one and cool with the other.
I am quite happy with two of the contestants (::cough:: – ::cough::) that they are bringing back for the wildcard spots……I just can’t belive they are dragging this out another week!!!
Ah well…….now I have to see what the “twist” is………
I am actually going to get my butt (and the rest of me) into bed early tonight. For the past few days, I’ve been waiting up for Bill to get home and then staying up….that’s why I didn’t go to bed till 2 last night.
It’s nice. I like being up when he gets home but I am totally achy and grumpy the next day when Brittany gets me up bright and early…..oh, well.
So….it’ll be a year tomorrow since I started working in pathology.
Yay me 🙂
Since Heather pointed out a neat new Ben & Jerry’s flavor, I went poking around on their web site.
Besides finding that I can have 6 pints shipped to my door for the low low price of $64.95…..the Flavor Graveyard informs me that my all time favorite ice cream – Cool Britannia – has been put out to pasture.
That was the best, man. Vanilla ice cream with nuts and little mini tea cookies with fudge swirl. If I want ice cream, I always look to see if they have that. Then I would decide that since they didn’t have what I really wanted, I’d just pass altogether.
Probably better off not knowing that it was retired. Now I may just settle for the Mint Chocolate Cookie…..or try to find myself a pint of that new Brownie Batter 😉
So they killed the alligator……
Sorry folks. This pisses me off to no end. I could understand it if they had to kill the alligator to get it off the woman, but they killed it later. I hate that! What was it doing later? They couldn’t relocate the damn thing to another pond?
Don’t you just love waking up at 7:30 on your days off?
After being up till 2:am?
Ah, well. Guess I’ll go get the shopping done early. Gonna go to Wal-mart to get Brittany some more panties and then I guess I’ll run into Superfresh and get some food stuffs….we’re a little low.
Ya know, back in the day, I used to sleep till 1-ish……….