Jungle Book 2
We went to the movies today 🙂
If you pay attention, you probably realize just how rare it is the I actually go to the movies. To prove my point, let me list for you, the last 10 movies I’ve actually gone to see:
– Stuart Little 2 (2002)
– Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002)
– The Sixth Sense (1999)
– Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999)
– The Matrix (1999)
– Titanic (1998)
– Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (re-release, 1997)
– Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (re-release, 1997)
– Star Wars (re-release, 1997)
– While You Were Sleeping (1995) and Strange Days (1995)
Apparently ’99 was a big year. And yes, Titanic was realesed in ’97, but we didn’t se it until ’98.
I saw those last two around the same time, so I don’t remember which is actually the tenth most recent….the really sad thing about the list is that without those Star Wars movies, I wouldn’t be able to remember 10 movies I’ve gone to see…….at least I can say that I’ve enjoyed all the movies I’ve seen “recently” 😉
Anyway, today we went to see Jungle Book 2, as you may have already guessed. It was…..okay. Good for the kids, to be sure. Brittany had a blast 🙂 My nephew and my cousins kid went with us and they enjoyed it too.
But for the kid in you……I think it’s skip-able. To this day I love the original……but I found the new songs to be a little much. They did use two of the original songs – that made me happy 🙂 Like I said, though, it’s cute….take the kids, they’ll love it. But don’t go expecting it to be as enjoyable as the first.