The Friday Five – 05.09.03
The Friday Five
1. Would you consider yourself an organized person? Why or why not? Definitely not by nature….I like for things to be organized but I really have to work at it. What I wouldn’t give to be an obsessive-compulsive neat freak ::sigh::
2. Do you keep some type of planner, organizer, calendar, etc. with you, and do you use it regularly? I used to when I was in high school to keep track of projects, homework and show dates. And when I was working in clinical I started doing it again….good thing too because they tried to screw me out of more than a few hours, especially once I went over to the enemy and was working in the path lab during the week. Now that I’m just in pathology, it’s not necessary for me to keep a detailed record but I keep track of extra days and hours or the regular calendar.
3. Would you say that your desk is organized right now? No. Definitely not…it’s a disaster. But I’m going to be moving my computer back downstairs soon. When I do that, it will most likely be slightly more organized. Most of the time.
4. Do you alphabetize CDs, books, and DVDs, or does it not matter? Yes. Sort of. DVDs and videos are just alphabetized. Books are in in the order of favorite books first, then favorite authors with the books in chronological order. CDs are alphabetized by artist and the albums are in chronological order.
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to organize? The embedding center. When I first started working in pathology it was a mess and there were blocks everywhere that were waiting to be filed….60% of them were already in numerical order but the rest were loose. They all needed to be diiped, put in order and then filed away….I think for about 3 weeks straight all I did was embed and then work on the mess. But I’m very proud to say that it hasn’t gotten like that again. Not only do I keep on top of it, most of the people in the lab do too…I’ve been told they now feel guilty if they leave it a little messy – lol 🙂