Monthly Archives: December 2003
Okay….so yeah, I had this weird-ass dream last night. Actually the dream wasn’t so weird as my reaction to it in the dream……
My parents were moving out of their house which was on a street that is actually around the corner from their house. Even though, in the dream I had been moved out for several years, alot of my stuff was still at their house…..school memories, yearbooks, pictures and things like that. And for some reason, Brittany’s baby books and all were there.
Anyway, one of my cousins was helping them move everything out….after one of the trips to where ever the new house was supposed to be, we came back to find that he had thrown out all of my stuff figuring I wasn’t living with them anymore, why should he keep it? And miracle of miracles, the trash men came as soon as he put the trash on the curb and took it all away….
I spazzed. Really spazzed….even tried going to the dump to find it all but of course it was loooong gone. And as I was trying to resolve myself to that fact, I woke up and actually lay there for a few minutes still trying to figure out what I was going to do without all my memories.
Then I remembered that all that stuff the I was so upset about is here. All here, actually in this room…..and I calmed down and fell back to sleep.
I really do get that way about my stuff…..it’s probably not a good thing :-
Seems to be turning into a tradition…I changed the layout on the 27th last year, too.
As you can see, I had a little time this evening to take down my Christmas layout and throw together this spiffy new one in honor of the new year.
Matter of fact, I’ve got two spiffy new skins for you to choose from – whoo-hoo!!
New Year’s Toast 😉
Pretty in Pink
The Friday Five
1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year? Off the top of my head, I’m gonna say it was work bringing me on full-time…..I didn’t actually think it would make all that much of a difference but at this point it is. And as of 12.29, I start getting paid time off – whoo-hoo!
2. What was your biggest disappointment? I dunno….all this crap with Bill’s health in the last few months has been a huge downer, though. Maybe one of these days we’ll find out what’s actually going on with him and get it fixed….
3. What do you hope the new year brings? Health, wealth and serenity……well, I’ll settle for health and a hot bath now and then.
4. Will you be making any New Year’s resolutions? If yes, what will they be? I doubt it…..I never stick to them when I do anyway. The one thing that I would like to do though is get my Christmas shopping done early and pay off Caesar’s early on……I say that every year, though.
5. What are your plans for New Year’s Eve? Nothing major….I worry too much that something will happen. Drunk drivers, someone breaking into the house or something like that…..we’ll prolly just hang out at my mom and dad’s for a bit and then go home and get drunk 😉
Thanks, Heather 🙂
I know, I’m not posting very much around here…but I have actually been keeping up over at the journal 🙂
So…..today is our Secret Santa party at work. Last year…it was this pretty awkward thing where everyone in the department sort of stands around and one by one we give our gift to the person they were meant for….then that person gives their gift. I hate being in the spotlight when I’m opening presents….and I really hate the person I’m giving something too being in the spotligh. Everyone standing around wondering what the fuck I was thinking buying that stupid ass gift…..
It was easy to get a gift last year, though….I had AV – I work with her every day so she was fairly easy to buy for. This year, I have one of the guys in another lab and I had no idea what to get……JB suggested that I get him tea, so I did.
Ah well…..at least there’s always some Ice to be had 😉
I’m also bringing in the kiddie gifts…..for JB’s daughter, AS’s sons and AV granddaughter. I ordered each of them a FruitTop and they are just too cute!!
Okay….now I’m gonna get ready to go. finally.
Have I ever mentioned that I loooooooove wrapping gifts? I’m not really sure why….it’s just zen – lol 🙂
I remember being like 10 or 11 years old….my dad would cash in his change bottle every year around Christmas and that would be my money to buy gifts with – how cool is that? Anyway, I thought it was such a great thing to be able to go out and buy my own gifts for everyone and then hide out in my room and wrap them all up…..of course, I went all out with curly ribbons and fancy paper and everything.
Even now….I love putting all kinds of funky ribbons on gifts and even bought myself a ribbon shredder this year that looks like it’s going to be tons of fun. I’m also a huge fan of white gift boxes. When I buy gift boxes, I try not to get colored ones or ones that have designs on them……because I’m a cheesball, I like to draw my own designs on them. I have sharpies in like 16 different colors that I keep with my Christmas stuff just for box drawings 😉
So anyway, tonight, I’m hiding out in my room…..of course, I ran out of scotch tape – why do I never think to buy scotch tape? – so for the rest of the night I’m just bagging things and decorating my white boxes……
Okay, we were away for a bit and didn’t get back until late last night….so here’s my Friday Five on Sunday…..again 🙂
Favorite Five Beverages
– Diet Pepsi
– Turkey Hill Green Tea with Honey and Ginseng
– Smirnoff Ice
– Riunite Raspberry Wine
– Cran-grape juice
Favorite Five Snack Foods
– Soft pretzels
– Tortillas chips with salsa and sour cream
– Baby carrots
– Cold red delicious apples with peanut butter
– String cheese 🙂
Favorite Five Board/Card Games
– Poker (Texas Hold ’em and straight)
Favorite Five PC/game system games
– The Sims (naturally)
– DOA Extreme Volleyball
– Gauntlet, Dark Legacy
– DOA 2
Favorite Five Websites
– amazon.com (I’m addicted, I love shopping online!)
If you’d like to see my full list….it’s over in the journal 🙂