The Friday Five – 12.12.03
Yeah, I know it’s not Friday anymore but here’s the Friday Five anyway 🙂
1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays? I love the cold weather and snow anytime, not just at the holidays. There’s just nothing like having 15 inches of snow on Christmas Day 🙂 Speaking of snow….it’s actually snowing right now, but I’m not very happy with this one. They keep throwing in words like “sleet” and “ice”….yuck :-p Snow, yes. Lots of snow, yes. Sleet and ice….nonononononononono!
2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect? I really do like being up the moutains on Christmas….mainly because it is more likely that there will be snow up there. I used to like having alot of people around on Christmas, but more and more, all those people wind up fighting about something and I just don’t need that on Christmas.
3. Do you do have any holiday traditions? Hmmm….well, we don’t decorate the tree until Christmas eve. Before we do that, Brittany and I make cookies or whatever we are going to leave for Santa. Bill and his dad have to have oatmeal on Christmas morning but I think that’s just awful, so I make eggs and pancakes and scrapple and sausage and bacon for everyone to have with their oatmeal.
4. Do you do anything to help the needy? I don’t do anything more at Christmas than I do any other time of the year….from time to time throughout the year, we get things together than can go to good will. Usually, we give them to one of the humane society thrift shops but we also take things to the Salvation Army store that’s a few blocks from here.
5. What one gift would you like for yourself? I actually don’t want any one thing in particular….this year, I really want some movies. They are the one thing that I just don’t get for myself as often as I would like to so there are quite a few of them that I want.
The Friday Five, courtesy of Heather – thanks, hon!